The Northern Healthy Communities Partnership (NHCP) is a network of organiations working proactively to improve the health of northern Saskatchewan residents by influencing the conditions in which they live, learn, work and play. The report highlights the progress and successes of the partnership, made possible through the contributions of our partner organizations. Highlights from this year include:
- Holding the Physical Activity Bingo Winter Challenge to encourage active living of all kinds
- Increasing the reach of the Babies,Books and Bonding program to support early literacy among more northern Saskatchewan children
- Creating the Building Vibrant Youth Video Series to share inspiring stories of adults supporting young people in northern Saskatchewan
- Hosting the second annual School Nutrition Workshop to continue to grow healthy food environments in northern Saskatchewan schools
- Launching the Brief Intervention for Tobacco Cessation: Helping Pregnant and New Mothers training, to increase commercial tobacco cessation capacity across the region
We know that people in northern Saskatchewan face many challenges to better health. Successfully addressing these challenges requires the coordinated efforts of many people. Through evidence-informed, collaborative, collective efforts, NHCP partner organizations are able to have a greater impact on the populations they serve, leading to better health for exceptional value.
Please share this annual report widely and feel free to direct any questions to us.
We look forward to continuing to work in partnership, building healthier communities together.
On behalf of NHCP,
Kevin Mageto and Amanda Frain
Northern Healthy Communities Partnership Coordinators